Dear FoodBev SETA Stakeholder,
2018/2019 DISCRETIONARY GRANTS FW4:
CENTRES OF SPECIALISATION PROGRAMME, CANDIDACY PROGRAMME, SME AND LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
1. Centres of Specialization Programme
Centres of specialisation for the TVET College sector is a programme by the Department of Higher Education and Training which aims to inform college differentiation, promote quality teaching and learning, facilitate responsiveness and provide a model for the implementation of Quality Council for Trades and Occupation’s (QCTO’s) trade qualifications at the same time developing artisanal skills in demand for economic growth.
Food and Beverage Manufacturing Sector Education and Training Authority (FoodBev SETA) invites Food and Beverages manufacturing companies to apply for the Centres of Specialisation Programme for the 2018/2019 financial year
The grants are aimed at addressing the National Priorities as set out in the National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS) III, FoodBev Sector Skills Plan (SSP) and Annual Performance Plan (APP).
This call for applications is for employers who are interested in hosting learners for the following trades as indicated in the table below per province.
|Electrician||Flavius Mareka||Sasolburg||Free State|
|Millwrights||Umfolozi||Richard Bay||KwaZulu Natal|
|Fitter and Turner||NorthLink||Wingfield||Western Cape|
- The employer should be operating within Food and Beverages Manufacturing Sector
- Preference will be given to employers that are located in close proximity to the partnering TVET colleges.
- The workplace must comply with the applicable regulations/requirements to the specific trade.
- The workplace must have suitable qualified mentors for the trade/s applied for
- Employers must submit their applications and commit to fulfil the stipulated requirements.
- Candidacy Programme
Candidacy Programme is a structured work experience component of an occupational qualification as determined by the relevant professional body and may follow the completion of an academic qualification required for access to the assessment for the issuing of a professional designation. The candidate must be a full time or contract employee, whose company is a member of, or who is an individual member of a professional council/body.
- Learnership for People with Disabilities
The Learnership is aimed at empowering learners through education and training. The programme involves training of people with disabilities through qualifications relevant to the food and beverages manufacturing sector.
- In support of the NSDS III, the FoodBev SETA invites all SMEs who are actively involved in the Food and Beverages Manufacturing Sector:
- The programme is aimed at enabling FoodBev SETA SMEs (companies employing less than 1-49 employees to access funding for training interventions namely, accredited and registered skills Programmes that would directly impact upon business sustainability and growth) to participate in the FoodBev SETA Discretionary Grant
- Through the various course categories on offer, SMEs may train their staff from the following identified courses:
a) Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
b) AET Level 1-3
c) Business Practice
e) Introduction Basic Bread and Confectionery Bakery Level 2
HOW TO APPLY?
- The application window opens on the 21st of January 2019 and closes on the 4th of February 2019.
- Click here to download the application form
- Click here to download the expression of interest for centres of specialization
- Click here to download the SME application form
- The deadline for submission of applications will not be extended, any late or incomplete application will not be considered.
- All Grant Applications are subject to approval as per the criteria, policies and procedures as determined by the FoodBev SETA Accounting Authority.
All enquiries regarding Discretionary Grants may be directed to the following officials:
|Project||Contact Person||Email Address|
|Learnership for People with disability ,||Nontando Bungeemail@example.com|
|Centre of specialisation, Candidacy and Non Levy paying companies||Nomusa Maphangafirstname.lastname@example.org|
FoodBev SETA – your skills partner
This article was first published on foodbev.co.za