Call for Applications for MQA Discretionary Grants (2018 – 2019)
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the mining and minerals sector in terms of the Skills Development Act of 1998. The first application window for Discretionary Grants allocations, for the period 01 April 2018 to 31 March 2019, will open on Monday 27 November 2017 at 08H00.
Employers and other stakeholders in the sector are invited to submit their applications for the following projects:
Application forms and grants rules
Specific project information can be accessed via the hyperlinks on the forms. Completed application forms must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hand delivered application forms will not be accepted.
Please note: Terms and conditions will apply in accordance with the MQA Funding Policy for 2018 – 2019.
The application forms are also available from the following MQA Offices:
- Gauteng: 7 Anerley Road, Parktown, 2193, tel: 011 547 2600
- Eastern Cape: King Sabata Dalindyebo TVET College, R61 Queenstown Road, Cicira Village, Mthatha, tel: 087 095 0497
- Free State: Goldfields TVET College, Tosa Campus, 14107 Ndaki Road, Tel: 087 095 0266
- Limpopo: Sekhukhune TVET College, CN Phathudi Campus, Stand No. 2659, Praktiseer, tel: 087 095 0267
- Mpumalanga: Nkangala TVET College, Mpondozankomo Campus, 1 Moses Kotane Drive, tel: 013 696 8121 / 8120
- North West: Orbit TVET College, Mankwe Campus, Unit 2, tel: 014 555 8860
- Northern Cape: Northern Cape Rural TVET College, Kathu Campus, Hans Coetzee Road, Kathu, tel: 053 723 0100
Completed application forms must be submitted before 00H00 on Wednesday 31 January 2018.
Employers and stakeholders are welcome to contact or visit the above MQA offices if they experience any difficulties or challenges completing the application forms.