The minister of Higher Education published a proposal to change the Skills Development Act, comments due before the 31st of January 2018.
Some highlights of these amendments propose to:
1. Remove SETA regional offices and create one central sharing system/office to be more effective.
2. Sharing of resources, such as IT and HR.
3. SETAs to use one central shared database for all related tasks.
4. Reduce the SETA income from 10.5% to 10%.
5. Include Scarce and Critical Skills in the Discretionary criteria. (Whoop Whoop for employers.)
6. Replacement of the WSP/ATR in a more convenient reporting structure.
1. Keep Mandatory grants at 20%
2. Keep Discretionary grants at 49.5%
Everyone can comment, either in their personal or business capacity. EACH RESPONSE HELP!
We prepared a brief document in the middle of the holidays and on short notice to help explain some of these proposals. We also prepared a word template that can be used/edited with your own comments to the minister before the 31st of January 2018. The views and comments on these documents are of our own and we welcome any other input and feedback on this topic.